Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 6

It's gone! The temple is destroyed.  There is nothing.  There was once a lovely vista a woods and parks near my house and not there is nothing but desert and stumps of tree.  Every trace of beauty is gone.  Nobody who had known it from the past would come today and not even recognize the place.  I'm in such horror.  I'm pretty sure everyone is shocked.  This is the very first generation to experience horror and wickedness all in once.  Everything went by so quickly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do during night.  The famine is still pretty bad and now the temple.  My brothers didn't feel such power when the core of Judaism was destroyed.  That's how strong location and new people affected my brothers.  They are sad because we're sad but I'm sure they don't feel as broken as everyone here.  Jacob did tell me a quote that really spoke out to me.  "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved before.  So what if the heart breaks, at least you will know love."

I'm not sure when the next time I will post a blog, but I will try and keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment